Spanish Rice With Raisins Dinner
2 cups long-grain rice
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped fine
3 tablespoons ketchup
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
½ cup raisins
3 cups water or chicken broth
Optional: ¼ cup green pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Butter casserole dish.
3. Saute onion with butter, until it is soft. (optional green pepper)
4. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
5. Add the tomato paste, ketchup, salt, and raisins, and cook 1 minute more.
6. Transfer to a casserole, pour in the water or chicken broth, stir, cover, and bake for 1 hour or until done.
* * * *
Served with Fried Rock Fish, Toss Salad and Corn of the Cob
Whole Wheat Rolls
Dessert: Apple Crumble
Dinner prepared and photos taken by Shirley-Ann Pearman