Macaroni and Chicken Dish
6 pieces of chicken tenders
2 cups macaroni
1 cup cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup chopped onions
½ cup chopped celery
¼ cup chopped green pepper
1 small can of tomato paste
1 tablespoon sugar
½ cup bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook macaroni as instructed on package.
3. In a frying pan sauté onions, celery and green pepper until tender.
4. Add chicken tenders and season with salt, garlic salt and pepper. Cook thoroughly.
5. Stir in tomato paste and sugar.
6. Simmer for a few minutes.
7. Meanwhile drain macaroni.
8. Add ¾ cups of the cheese, along with chicken and tomato sauce.
9. Ensure that everything is incorporated well.
10. Pour into desired buttered dish suitable for the amount.
11. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bread crumbs.
12. Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Serve with corn on the cob.
Buttermilk Baking Powder Biscuits
Dinner prepared and photos taken by Shirley-Ann Pearman