Peach Coffee Cake Crumble
½ cup shortening
¾ cup sugar
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
2 cups fresh peaches (2 cans peaches)
½ cup sugar
½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup butter or margarine
1. Thoroughly cream shortening and ¾ cup sugar.
2. Add egg and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add to cream mixture alternately with milk.
5. Spread in greased 11x7x1½ inch pan.
6. Top with peaches.
7. Mix ½ cup sugar, ½ cup flour, and cinnamon; cut in butter till crumbly; sprinkle over berries.
8. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
9. Cut in squares. Serve warm.
Peach Coffee Cake Crumble was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from Better Homes And Garden New CookBook, the chapter on “Quick Breads”, page 48 of the Third Printing, 1970.
Shop online at Amazon.com your one stop shop with many departments, along with access to hundreds of the world's online stores such as Macys, JCPenney, Target etc.
Sales and discounts available daily on many products. Rewards are available to shoppers as well.