Mixed Peel And Nut Bread
¾ cup warm milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup mixed peel (chopped)
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 cups white flour
½ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Butter a loaf pan. (butter cupcake pans)
3. Warm milk and add butter to melt, along with vanilla. Set aside.
4. Beat the egg in another bowl and gradually add the sugar, beating well.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and alternately with milk mixture.
6. Spoon into the pan and bake for 1 hour. (cupcake pans for 20 – 30 minutes)
7. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
Mixed Peel And Nut Bread were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe derived from The Fannie Farmer CookBook, the chapter on “Quick Breads”, page 590 of the Twelfth Edition.
This document in its entirety is located here, with more photos:-