CLASSIC SUGAR COOKIES
Classic Sugar Cookies
180 ml (3/4 cup) softened butter
250 ml (1 cup) Lantic Granulated Sugar
5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
625 ml (2 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking powder
Additional Lantic Granulated Sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C.
2. Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy in a large mixing bowl, beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. Meanwhile, stir the flour with the baking powder.
4. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until well combined.
5. Form the dough into 36, 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Roll each ball in sugar and places. 2 –inches (5 cm) apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
6. Bake in batches, for 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
7. Cool completely on a rack.
8. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Classic Sugar Cookies were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from the bag of “Lantic” “Natural Granulated Cane Sugar”.