Banana Muffins With Vanilla Almond Cereal
Banana Muffins With Almond Vanilla Cereal
½ - 1 cup milk
1 cup Almond Vanilla Cereal
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup salad oil or melted shortening or melted butter
1 medium banana
Optional: ½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup Almond Vanilla Cereal
¼ cup Almond Slices
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease bottoms of 14 (2 ½ -inch) muffin-pan cups, or line each with paper liner.
2. Sift flour and cereal with sugar, baking powder, and salt onto sheet of waxed paper.
3. In medium bowl, using fork, beat egg, banana with salad oil, Stir in milk mixture.
4. Add flour mixture quickly stirring, with fork, just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat. Batter will be lumpy.
5. Quickly dip batter into muffin-pan cups filling not quite two thirds full.
6. Top with almond vanilla cereal and almond slices.
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
8. Loosen edge of each muffin with spatula; turn out. Serve hot.
Banana Muffins With Almond Vanilla Cereal were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from McCall CookBook, the chapter on “Muffins”, page 62 an edition of between 1950 – 1960s.