CHOCOLATE COFFEE ROLLS
Chocolate Coffee Rolls
Basic Sweet Dough
1 package yeast
½ cup lukewarm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup milk
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup shortening
1 beaten egg
3¾ cups sifted flour
¼ cup cocoa
1. Sprinkle yeast and sugar into lukewarm water and let it stand for 10 minutes.
2. Pour milk, sugar, salt and shortening in a bowl.
3. Add egg.
4. Add yeast mixture to milk mixture.
5. Beat in flour and cocoa.
6. Mix well with a sift fingers, until a smooth elastic dough is formed.
7. Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead until the dough is of even texture.
8. Cover dough and let rise until double in size.
9. Punch down the risen dough and turn onto a lightly floured board.
10. Roll out into a rectangle approximately 10 inches by 20 inches.
11. Spread dough with margarine.
12. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
13. Cover and let rise.
14. Bake in a 375° oven for 25 minutes.
15. Optional Glace.
Chocolate Coffee Rolls were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was received from one of my educational cookery classes “Food and Nutrition” at Sandy’s Secondary School (High School) in 1979 on Basic Sweet Dough.