CORN FLOUR BUNS
Corn Flour Buns
2 cups flour
½ cup corn flour
Good pinch salt
½ oz fresh yeast (2 envelopes)
¼ cup sugar
¼ pint tepid water, milk and water or milk (200 ml)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1. Sieve the flours and salt.
2. Cream yeast with 1 teaspoon of the sugar.
3. Add tepid liquid and a sprinkling of flour. Put into a warm place for about 20 minutes.
4. Rub margarine into the sieved flour mixture..
5. Add sugar.
6. Then work in yeast liquid and knead thoroughly.
7. Put into a warm place for about 1 hour, until doubled in size.
8. Form into round buns.
9. Place on warmed, greased baking sheets and prove for 15 minutes.
10. Bake near the top of a very hot oven, 450° F, 230°C, Gas Mark 8, for 10 minutes.
Corn Flour Buns were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman.