2 cups flour
½ cups whole flour
Good pinch salt
½ oz fresh yeast (2 envelopes)
¼ cup sugar
¼ pint tepid water, milk and water or milk (200 ml)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
½ cup raisins
1. Sieve the flours and salt.
2. Add raisins.
3. Cream yeast with 1 teaspoon of the sugar.
4. Add tepid liquid and a sprinkling of flour. Put into a warm place for about 20 minutes.
5. Rub margarine into the sieved flour mixture..
6. Add sugar.
7. Then work in yeast liquid and knead thoroughly.
8. Put into a warm place for about 1 hour, until doubled in size.
9. Form into round buns.
10. Place on warmed, greased baking sheets and prove for 15 minutes.
11. Bake near the top of a very hot oven, 450° F, 230°C, Gas Mark 8, for 10 minutes.
Raisin Buns were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman.