Chicken Tomato Dish
4 Tyson chicken leg quarters
1 can (14.5 oz) Hunts stewed tomatoes
1 onion thinly sliced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
¼ to ½ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place chicken leg quarters in a dish suitable to hold 4 chicken leg quarters.
3. Sprinkle salt, garlic salt and pepper over the 4 chicken leg quarters.
4. Sprinkle flour over all 4 chicken leg quarters.
5. Arrange sliced onions on top of the 4 chicken leg quarters.
6. Dot the 4 chicken leg quarters with butter.
7. Pour water into dish just to cover the bottom of the dish.
8. Cover with foil and place into the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes covered.
9. Remove foil and add the can of stewed tomatoes.
10. Continue cooking until chicken is completely done.
White Rice With Raisins
Makes About 8 Servings
2 cups raw regular white rice
1 cup light or dark raisins
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1. Cook rice as package label directs, drain if necessary.
2. Meanwhile, cover raisins with boiling water; let stand 10 minutes; drain.
3. With fork, stir raisin into drained cooked rice along with butter.
Serve with Pumpkin and Cauliflower
Curry Baking Powder Biscuits
Dinner prepared and photos taken by Shirley-Ann Pearman