OIL PASTRY WITH PLUMS
Oil Pastry With Plums
2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoon salt
½ cup salad oil
5 tablespoons cold water
1. Stir together flour and salt.
2. Pour salad oil and cold water into measuring cup (do not stir).
3. Add all at once to the flour mixture.
4. Stir lightly with folk.
5. Form into 2 balls; flatten dough slightly.
6. Roll each between two 12-inc squares of waxed paper.
7. (First dampen the table slightly so paper won’t slip)
8. When dough is rolled in circle to edges of paper, it will be right thickness for crust.
9. Peel off top sheet of waxed paper and fit dough, paper side up, into pie plate.
10. Remove paper.
11. Finish pie shell following directions for single – or double-crust pie on opposite page.
12. Makes enough pastry for one 8 or 9 inch double crust pie.
Oil Pastry With Plums was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from Better Homes And Garden New CookBook, the chapter on “Pie Crusts”, page 231.