¾ cup flour
¼ cup corn flour
1½ baking powder
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup melted butter
¼ to ½ cup milk
¼ cup raisin (optional)
1. Sift flours, baking powder and sugar together.
2. Add melted butter and milk. Blend all together.
3. Roll out on bread board with rolling pin accordingly to approximately ¼ inch thick.
4. Melt butter in frying pan and add the rolled out dough.
5. Fry in pan at medium temperature until each side is golden brown and center is done when baking pin or tooth pick is inserted comes out clean.
6. Cut in pie size pieces while warm.
7. Serve warm with butter, jams etc.
Corn Flour Johnny Bread was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman