COD FISH AND BANANA BREAKFAST
Cod Fish And Banana Breakfast
2 lbs salt codfish
2 cups white sauce
½ teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 small boiled potatoes
1. Soak cod in water overnight. Change water several times.
2. Bring almost to boil. Pour off water and rinse.
3. Cover with water and simmer 20 minutes.
4. Boil potatoes.
5. Cook eggs.
6. Make white sauce and add chopped eggs, mustard and worcestershire sauce.
7. Serve codfish, bananas, egg sauce and potatoes.
1 cup corn meal
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
4 tablespoons melted shortening
1. Stir together cornmeal, flour baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. Beat egg and add to mixture with the milk.
3. Add melted shortening and mix well together.
4. Pour into a greased 8” square baking pan.
5. Baked at 400°F for 25 minutes.
6. When cool cut in slices and serve.
Many families serve corn bread with codfish and potatoes on Sunday mornings.
Cod Fish And Banana Breakfast was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipes was taken from Bermuda Recipes and The Bermuda CookBook, by Cecille C. Snaith-Simmons
Sales and discounts available daily on many products. Rewards are available to shoppers as well.