1 cups sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
4 - 6 tablespoons cold water
1 can peaches (15 oz)
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Sift flour and salt together.
2. Cut in shortening with pastry blender till pieces are the size of small peas. (For extra tender pastry, cut in half the shortening till like cornmeal. Cut in remaining till like peas.)
3. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over part of mixture. Gently toss with fork; push to side of bowl. Repeat till all is moistened. Form a ball. (For double-crust and lattice-top pies, divide dough for lower and upper crust and form into balls.)
4. Flatten on lightly floured surface by pressing with edge of hand 3 times across in both directions.
5. Roll from center to edge till ⅛ inch thick.
6. Form pastry layer in 6" tart pan and trim edges accordingly.
7. Add peaches and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top of peaches.
8. Form a further layer of pastry on top of peaches, prick top for air to escape.
9. Bake in over of 400° for 20 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly baked and golden brown.
Peach Tart was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
This document in its entirety is located here, with more photos:-