WHOLE WHEAT JOHNNY BREAD
Whole Wheat Johnny Bread
1½ cup flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup sugar
½ cup butter
¼ to ½ cup of milk
1. Combine all dry ingredients together.
2. Make a well.
3. Cut butter into dry ingredients.
4. Blend in egg and gradually add milk.
5. Lightly knead on a bread board.
6. Roll out to about ¼ to ½ inch thick.
7. Butter frying pan.
8. Place dough into frying pan.
9. Brown and cook accordingly on both sides. (Optional: it can be placed in the oven as well)
Whole Wheat Johnny Bread was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman