6 cups water
4 – 5 pieces chicken thighs
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 large onion (chopped)
1 large potato (diced)
1 small can peas and carrots
1 small can corn
Corn Starch (For thickening)
Optional: Chicken oxo cubes or can chicken broth
1. Place chicken with all seasonings and onions in a pot, along with water and boil until chicken is cooked. (measurement vary accordingly to likings for seasonings)
2. Add diced potatoes and cook until tender.
3. Once potatoes are cooked, remove chicken from bone accordingly and return chicken to pot.
4. Add drained peas and carrots; and corn.
5. Thicken chicken stew with corn starch and water.
6. Simmer for a few minutes and then remove from stove. Allow to cool for approximately an hour.
8. Spoon chicken stew into lined square pastry pan.
9. Roll out the remainder of pastry to top the 8” square pastry pan. Top with pastry and seal edges good with a dab of water.
10. Bake in a 400° oven until pastry is golden brown.
11. Allow to cool and set.
Chicken Pie was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Note: Pastry recipe located here: Pastry Recipe
Please also note that ¼ cup of all-purpose flour was removed and replaced with ¼ cup whole wheat flour.