GOLDEN CHIFFON CAKE
Golden Chiffon Cake
2¼ cups sifted cake flour
1½ cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
* * *
½ cup salad oil
5 egg yolks
¾ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup (8) egg whites
1. Sift together first 4 ingredients into bowl; make well in center.
2. Add in order next 5 ingredients.
3. Beat till satin smooth.
4. Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat till very stiff peak’s form.
5. Pour batter in thin fold in gently.
6. Bake in ungreased 10-inch tube pan in a slow oven (325°) for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Invert pan; cool.
7. Frost with Seven-minute Frosting (see page 84) tinted with a few drops yellow food coloring.
8. Sprinkle with yellow tinted coconut.
Golden Chiffon Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman.
Recipe was taken from Better Homes And Garden New CookBook, the chapter on “Angel, Sponge Cakes”, page 79 of the Third Printing, 1970.
This document in its entirety is located here, with more photos:-
Cake was made for Dwayne Jr.'s 20th Birthday. Happy Birthday DJ.