CHERRY POUND CAKE
Cherry Pound Cake
1¼ cups butter, softened
2¾ cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups Robin Hood Original All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup PET Evaporated Milk
2 cups maraschino cherries, quartered, well drained
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt or Tube pan.
3. Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and extract in large bowl on low speed of electric mixer until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
5. Add dry ingredients alternately with evaporated milk to creamed mixture mixing lightly after each addition.
6. Fold in cherries.
7. Turn batter into greased and floured 12-cup Bundt or Tube pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes.
9. Cover loosely with foil, continue baking 15 to 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
10. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; invert cake onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
11. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
Cherry Pound Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman.
Recipe was taken from a leaflet named “Bake Holiday Memories with Robin Hood” provided in the Bermuda Royal Gazette by Butterfied & Vallis November 2014.