LOAF POUND CAKE – GREEN
Loaf Pound Cake - Green
¾ cup butter or margarine
½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Green Food Coloring
1. Cream butter and peel; gradually add sugar, creaming till light, about 6 minutes at medium speed on electric mixer.
2. Add vanilla and food coloring, then eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
3. Sift together dry ingredients; stir in.
4. Grease bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3 – inch pan; turn in batter.
5. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or till done. Cool in pan.
6. Sift confectioners’ sugar lightly on top.
Loaf Pound Cake - Green was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from Better Homes And Garden New CookBook, the chapter on “Yellow Cakes”, page 68 of the Third Printing, 1970.