CHERRY AND WALNUT COOKIES
Cherry And Walnut Cookies
3 oz flour (with plain flour use ¾ teaspoon baking powder)
1½ oz margarine
1½ oz soft brown sugar
1½ oz granulated sugar
Few drops vanilla essence
1 small egg
1 oz walnut, chopped
1 oz glace cherries, chopped
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder, if used.
2. Cream the margarine and sugars together.
3. Beat in the vanilla essence and egg.
4. Fold in the sieved flour, walnuts and cherries.
5. Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture, well apart, on greased baking sheets.
6. Bake in the centre of a moderate oven, 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4, for 10 -12 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire tray.
7. Store in an airtight tin or jar.
Cherry And Walnut Cookies were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman.
Recipe was taken from “Cookery In Colour, A picture encyclopedia for every occasion edited by Marguerite Patten” chapter on “Cookies”. “796” “Cherry And Walnut Cookies”
This document in its entirety is located here, with more photos:-