HOT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup vegetable oil
1½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup hot water (Swiss Miss – Milk Chocolate - as noted on package)
1 package of hot chocolate (Swiss Miss – Milk Chocolate)
1. Preheat oven at 350°.
2. Grease or line cupcake pans.
3. Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; set aside.
4. Add hot chocolate to hot water as noted on package.
5. Add hot chocolate mixture, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture. Beat at low speed for 30 seconds, then at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
6. Pour cake mixture in prepared baking pans.
7. Bake about 20 – 30 minutes or until done when a cake tester is inserted and comes out clean.
8. Cool on cooling wire rack for a few minutes (approximately 10 minutes) and remove from pan on cake dish. Continue to cool. Frost Optional
Hot Chocolate Icing
1 cup icing sugar
¼ teaspoon hot chocolate
1 – 2 tablespoons hot water
¼ teaspoon corn syrup
¼ teaspoon vanilla
Dissolve hot chocolate with hot water; cool.
Combine icing sugar, hot chocolate mixture, vanilla and corn syrup until well blended and good consistency to spread on cupcakes.
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman