POTATO AND BACON SAVOURY
Potato And Bacon Savoury
100g/4oz raw potato, grated
100g/4oz bacon, chopped
100g/4oz flour (with plain flour use 1 level teaspoon baking powder)
5og/2oz canned sweet corn
Tomato slices to garnish
1. Choose a very heavy frying pan in which to fry this, so the mixture cooks without burning on the bottom. If you have no heavy pan, then see the note below.
2. Mix together the potato, bacon, flour and sweet corn.
3. Beat the eggs and add the potato mixture.
4. Season to taste.
5. Heat the lard in a frying pan and spread the mixture evenly over the pan.
6. Cook gently until brown and crisp on the base. Turn over and cook on the other side.
7. Turn on to a serving dish and garnish with tomato slices.
8. To serve, cut in wedges.
In a lighter pan it is better to fry spoonfuls of the mixture in hot lard until brown, turn and brown on the second side, then lower the heat and cook more gently for a few minutes.
Potato And Bacon Savoury was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman.
Recipe was taken from “Cookery In Colour, A picture encyclopedia for every occasion edited by Marguerite Patten” chapter on “Television Snacks And Sandwhiches”. “920”.