Makes 12 Servings
½ cup butter
1⅓ cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1 cup milk, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
¾ cups Pumpkin
1. Grease a 13 x 9- inch baking pan; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375° F.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and salt.
4. Blend in pumpkin.
5. Alternately add flour and baking powder; and milk, beginning and ending with flour, beating well after each addition.
6. Add eggs, and vanilla; blend well.
7. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed or until batter is thin and smooth.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
9. Frost if desired.
Pumpkin Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman.
Recipe was taken from “Ideals – Home Desserts”, by “Ideals Publishing Corp” chapter on “Cakes”. “5” – Breath Of Spring.