Raisin Bran Cookies
¾ cup shortening
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ cup raisin bran cereal
½ cup raisins
1¼ cup chopped nuts
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
3. Beat shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a bowl. Beat in shortening mixture and blend.
6. Stir in raisin bran cereal, nuts and raisins. (note the same raisins in the cereal box were used)
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes.
9. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Raisin Bran Cookies were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe derived from on a package of Crisco from a recipe called “Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies”.
Please note the following were substituted accordingly in this recipe.
· Oats with Raisin Bran Cereal
· Cranberries with Raisins
· Walnuts with Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts