CHOCOLATE CHIP SUGAR COOKIES
Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
½ cup butter
½ cup vegetable shortening
1 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 ½ - 3 cups flour
1 teaspoon orange rind
¾ cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Prepare and grease cookie sheets.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, and nutmeg together; set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar.
5. Add eggs and vanilla.
6. Add orange rind.
7. Add dry ingredients.
8. Fold in chocolate chips.
9. Divide dough in half and form into ball. Roll out to about ¼ inch thick and cut out with desired cookie cutter. Sprinkle with desired sprinkles.
10. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until done and nicely brown.
11. Remove immediately from baking sheet onto a wire rack.
12. Cool completely and serve accordingly. Store in an air tight container.
Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe came from a group of family recipes.