Apple Crumble Coffee Cake
2 cups sifted cake flour or all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening or butter
1 cup water
1 large apple grated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional : ¼ cup raisins
Optional: Sprinkle top of cake before going into oven with sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease well and flour a 9-by-9-by1 3/4 –inch baking pan.
2. Into large bowl of electric mixer, sift flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add shortening or butter and cut in until looks like pea size bread crumbs.
4. Add water and vanilla; beat 2 minutes longer.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time. Until well blended.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes; or until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
7. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly on wire racks. Fill and frost as desired.
Apple Crumble Coffee Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
If you would like to assist in paying ShirleyAnn, please donate here. Thank You!