APPLE LOAF POUND CAKE
Apple Loaf Pound Cake
¾ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon mace
1 large apple grated
1. Beat eggs and gradually add sugar to creamy and lemony color, about 6 minutes at medium speed on electric mixer.
2. Blend in vegetable oil, apples and vanilla.
3. Sift together dry ingredients; stir in.
4. Grease bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3 – inch pan; turn in batter.
5. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or till done. Cool in pan.
6. Sift confectioners’ sugar lightly on top.
Apple Loaf Pound Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from Better Homes And Garden New CookBook, the chapter on “Yellow Cakes”, page 68 of the Third Printing, 1970.
Loaf Pound Cake - Recipe was altered to add vegetable oil instead of butter and apples.
Topped with a little of brown sugar, oats, flour, mace and butter resembling bread crumbs and sprinkled on top. Refer to recipe at Recipe Marketing Apple Crisp.