LOAF POUND CAKE – MARBLED
Loaf Pound Cake - Marbled
¾ cup butter or margarine
½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Red and Green Food Coloring
1. Cream butter and peel; gradually add sugar, creaming till light, about 6 minutes at medium speed on electric mixer.
2. Add vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
3. Sift together dry ingredients; stir in.
4. Separate two ¼ cups of the batter and color with red and green.
5. Grease bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3 – inch pan; turn in batter and marble with knife or fork.
6. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or till done. Cool in pan.
7. Sift confectioners’ sugar lightly on top.
Loaf Pound Cake - Marbled was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from Better Homes And Garden New CookBook, the chapter on “Yellow Cakes”, page 68 of the Third Printing, 1970.