MIXED FRUIT UPSIDE DOWN POUND CAKE
⅔ cup butter
1½ cups sugar
⅔ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon double active baking powder
2 15oz cans of Mixed Fruit
¼ cup brown sugar
1 – 2 tablespoons syrup from Mixed Fruit
1 tablespoon butter
1. Prepare cupcake pans by greasing each cup.
2. Combine brown sugar, butter and mixed fruit syrup. Warm until butter melts.
3. Fill each cup to cover the bottom with mixed fruit, top with approximately 1 teaspoon of brown sugar syrup.
4. Set aside.
5. Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Add milk and extract; blend.
7. Stir in dry ingredients, to creamed mixture. Beat until smooth.
8. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
9. Beat entire mixture well before pouring into greased cupcake pans with mixed fruit and syrup.
10. Bake at 300° oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
11. Cool for 5 minutes and turn pans upside down to allow cakes to come out with fruit mixture.
12. Serve accordingly.
Mixed Fruit Upside Down Pound Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe derived from this recipe herewith:-