PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES - BARS
Peanut Butter Cookies - Bars
½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup sifted all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Thoroughly cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
2. Sift together dry ingredients; blend into creamed mixture.
3. Shape in 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
4. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Press 5 peanut halves atop each or crisscross with fork tines.
6. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Cool, slightly; remove from pan.
8. Makes 4 dozen.
Peanut Butter Cookies – Bars were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe derived from “Better Homes And Gardens New CookBook, the chapter on “Shaped Cookies”, page 145 of the Third Edition.