SPRITZ COOKIES WITH CHERRIES
1½ cups butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Thoroughly cream butter and sugar.
3. Add egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract; beat well.
4. Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough. Do not chill.
5. Place dough into cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 400° 6 to 8 minutes; remove cookies from sheet; cool on rack.
7. Makes 6 dozen cookies.
Please note a cookie press was not used but cookie cutters.
Spritz Cookies were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Spritz Cookies With Cherries