CHRISTMAS DINNER FARINE AND CASSAVA PIE
Farine And Cassava Pie
1 lbs Farine
1 lbs Cassava
1½ doz eggs
2¼ cups sugar
1½ cups butter
½ cup flour
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2½ lbs chicken (boiled)
1 can Pet milk
1 – 2 cups of water
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease baking pan and set aside.
3. Boil chicken with water, celery, salt, garlic salt, thyme and pepper.
4. Combine milk and water.
5. Sift Farine and gradually add milk mixture; soak for a couple of hours (approximately 2-3). Add more milk as the Farine dries out within the soaking hours.
6. Pick through the cassava and take out any skins that may be left in it and mix with Farine when it’s ready.
7. Cream butter and sugar.
8. Add eggs, then add it to Farine mixture.
9. Add vanilla.
10. Add dry ingredients.
11. Layer the bottom of the pan , add chicken and another layer on top.
12. Bake at 350°.
Farine And Cassava Pie was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe came from a group of family recipes by Betty Ming