RED VELVET CAKE
VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Red Velvet Cake With Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
Makes 16 servings
2½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
½ cup milk
1 bottle (1 oz) McCormick Red Food Color
2 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
1. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed 5 to 7 minutes or until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
4. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed just until blended. Do not over beat.
6. Pour batter into 2-greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
7. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool 10 minutes remove from pans.
9. Cool completely on wire rack.
10. Fill and frost cake layers with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
Beat 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, 4 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp sour cream in large bowl until smooth. Mix in 2 tsp. McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract. Gradually beat in 1 pkg (16 oz) confectioners’ sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Red Velvet Cake With Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was received from a collection of magazine clippings I have. Advertisement by McCormick.