CHOCOLATE CREAM SHELLS
Chocolate Cream Shells
5 oz flour (⅔ cups flour)
1 dessertspoon cocoa
3 oz butter (⅓ cup butter)
3 oz castor sugar (⅓ cup sugar)
1 small egg
2 oz butter
3-4 oz icing sugar
Cream the butter until very soft and white - Work in the sugar and flavoring
1. Sieve the flour and cocoa together.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg.
4. Fold in the sieved flour mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star pipe.
6. Pipe the mixture on to greased baking sheets and bake in the centre of a moderate oven, 350° F; 180°C, Gas Mark 4, for 15 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire tray.
8. When cold sandwich together with butter icing.
Chocolate Cream Shells were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe in Cookery In Colour (A picture encyclopedia for every occasion) edited by Marguerite Patten Page 784