2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup butter or margarine
¾ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven at 350°.
2. Grease and flour a 10 inch round or square baking pan.
3. Sift flour with baking powder; set aside.
4. Cream sugar and butter.
5. Add eggs and vanilla.
6. Add flour mixture and milk, alternately.
7. Pour cake mixture in prepare baking pan.
8. Bake about 30 – 45 minutes or until done when a cake tester is inserted and comes out clean.
9. Cool on cooling wire rack for a few minutes (approximately 10 minutes) and remove from pan on cake dish. Continue to cool. Frost Optional
Plain Cake was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman