1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup soft butter or margarine
½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
1 package (6 oz) semisweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In large bowl, sift flour with soda and salt.
3. Add sugars, egg, vanilla, and butter. With wooden spoon, or portable electric mixer at medium speed, beat until smooth and well combined – about 1 minute.
4. Stir in nuts and chocolate pieces.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
7. Remove to wire rack; cool.
Chocolate Chip Cookies were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from McCall CookBook, the chapter on “Drop Cookies”, page 170 an edition of between 1950 – 1960s.