2 oz corn flour
2 oz castor sugar
4 oz flour
2 oz butter or margarine
¼ teaspoon orange rind or peel
1 teaspoon orange juice
Sieved Icing Sugar
1. Mix corn flour, flour and sugar on a pastry board.
2. Work in the orange rind and butter or margarine
3. Add juice.
4. Roll out to about ½ -cm (¼ –inch) thick and cut into oval shapes. From half of the oval shapes cut out two small ovals.
5. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in centre of a moderately hot oven, 375°F, 190°C, Gas Mark 5, for 1- 12 minutes.
6. Cool on the baking sheet.
7. When cool, spread the ovals with redcurrants, bramble, black grape or some other jelly; dredge the biscuits with the cut-out shapes with icing sugar. Place these on top of the ovals.
Jam Biscuits were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman